jj13

jj's books

Where My Heart Breaks by Ivy Sinclair

Where My Heart Breaks - Ivy Sinclair

**this copy courtesy of NetGalley & the publishers

4-4.5 stars for me. I loved reading this book, and even with my stuffy head cold it was easy to read and easy to take in.

When the "bad girl" and "bad boy" get together you'd think it's headed for disaster... but sometimes when two people meet, they are exactly what the other needs to pull themselves and their lives back on track.

Despite the obvious connection between Kate and Reed, Kate needs to make one of the biggest decisions of her life in order to find out what might or might not be with Reed. Along the way, with a few wise words from Reed, she is able to see why her life went haywire and what she needs to do to be happy moving forward (& it's not always the reasons that everyone's telling you). And without realising or trying, she helps him come to terms with his past allowing him to look further into the future than right now.

I was a little disappointed at the lack of a big grand finale, but was still quite happy with the final outcome - two people trying to be happy, amongst others trying to bring them down, judging them on past mistakes, or just plain trying to control them.