jj13

jj's books

Forever Innocent by Deanna Roy

Forever Innocent - Deanna Roy

Thanks to NetGalley and the publishers for providing this ARC

ok, please bear with me here, coz some of this is probably not gonna make sense, and I'll possibly be contradicting myself a bit.

so here I go with some contradictions, but they all do fit this book. it was light & even funny at points, it was heart warming, heart breaking, & gut wrenching. it was filled with love, hate, friendship, guilt, anger... this book was so filled with feelings & emotions, but written in a way that you didn't drown in it.

"Our baby died on prom night, and nothing was ever the same again."

if you've seen this book, no doubt you've seen that line, it really does grab your attention.
so you're prepared for a heavy, gritty read, but surprisingly it's relatively light. that is until about 3/4 through and they hit you with the horrid details of what they experienced, and I bawled my eyes out!

the butterflies... I absolutely melted. it was such a sweet & thoughtful thing to do.

when Corabelle makes her peace... my stomach was in knots, but my heart ached coz she was going to see Finn.

I was pissed at Gavin for his choices, but could also understand his need to take control over certain matters.

my heart swelled & I though I was gonna cry again when Gavin said “She’s the mother of my son."

and now I'm so excited there's going to be a second book to follow Gavin & Corabelle on their path of healing & forgiveness!

FYI - this one's not a cliff hanger, it is a continuing story, but ends nicely with the promise of a happily ever after