jj13

jj's books

Screwed by Laurie Plissner

Screwed - Laurie Plissner

ARC provided by NetGalley on behalf of the publishers F+W/Adams Media & Merit Press

after stupidly giving up her virginity to the hottest guy at school, Grace finds herself pregnant, kicked out of home, completely disowned by her super religious parents, and the laughing stock of the entire school. Luckily she is taken in by her extremely wealthy neighbour Mrs T, who along with her nephew Charlie & Graces best friend Jennifer, help Grace through the next 9 months of her life.

although it was a little cheesy at times, I really liked this story of all round good girl Grace & the biggest mistake of her life. right from the very start we continuously change character POV, which dip get a little confusing (especially mid conversation), but it didn't annoy me enough to stop me from enjoying the story. I did occasionally find myself thinking that Grace was getting it a little too easy (she never had to live on the street or anything), but I guess she was just a good girl who made a mistake & therefore had people willing to help her more readily than the typical troubled teen would have (or maybe I just wanted a little more drama, lol)

I'm guessing there'll be a follow up book to this one, as there was no closure at all between Grace & her parents. and we can't help wanting a true HEA for Grace & Charlie.

an overall good read!