jj13

jj's books

The Weight of Souls by Bryony Pearce

The Weight of Souls - Bryony Pearce

A HUGE THANKYOU TO NETGALLEY & THE PUBLISHERS (ANGRY ROBOT Ltd/Strange Chemistry) FOR THIS ARC!!

WOW! I wasn't expecting to be blown away by this book, thought it would be good, but turns out it was brilliant!

It's not full of death & the dead as you might expect. More than anything it focuses on wanting to be accepted for who & what you are, & how as a teen you're willing to do anything to fit in. at school it's the popular kids Vs the "freaks", at home your parents have expectations you can't fulfil, and on top of all that, you have secrets you're to scared to share because you're terrified it'll drive everyone (or those select few who chose to stand by you)away from you for good.

just as it's all unravelling towards the end & you think you have it sussed out, we turn left... you get back on track with this turn of events, & we swing right...
you think it's the end, then her dad comes through believing everything his wife & daughter ever said PLUS a revelation that this is just the beginning of something huge!

Now the (impatient) wait for a second book begins...